How-To Fix Flash Incapability of Recognizing Mouse Clicks
Upon upgrading to Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala, some including me noticed that any Flash-containing website like YouTube.com then you can’t click on that Flash object. In other words, Flash is not recognizing mouse clicks.
It appeared that this was a bug that was reported here.
A workaround for such a bug has been put in place. So here are the workarounds as the official bug tracker suggested:
- WORKAROUND 1: Disable compiz
- WORKAROUND 2: Remove flashplugin-nonfree / flashplugin-installer and install from adobe
- WORKAROUND 3, and this is the one worked with me:
- Open a terminal, or you can press Alt + F2, and type
- gksudo gedit /usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/i386/linux/npviewer
- Then add “export GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS=1″ before the last line of text.
- Restart your FireFox, or any application uses Flash.
So, This is it as far as I know!